Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and up for extending your skillsets into areas which have, up until now, had very limited opportunities in the UK campus – then we have a great opportunity for you.
Global Loyalty & Benefits are undertaking an exciting transformation and we need talented engineers and engineering leads who are willing to learn, collaborate and innovate, adapting to emerging trends and customer demands. You will be part of a growing team, where your experience and knowledge will be crucial to the success of scaling our innovative new backend platform which is driving our world-class cardmember experiences and enabling experiences of the future.
If you have the talent and desire to learn new technologies and you have a track record of strong technical and architectural leadership then we need you to help us build the core, powering our customer experiences.
- Leading the development of large-scale solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand
- Drive, build and execute against a strategy and roadmap focused on moving from monolithic, tightly coupled, batch based legacy platforms to a loosely coupled, event-driven, microservices-based architecture to meet our long-term business goals
- Expectation to learn Golang and build on proficiency over time to expert status
- Function as a leader on an agile team/s by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Lead code reviews and automated testing
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Partnering with other development teams, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle
- Empower teams to automate deployments in test or production environments
- Empower teams to automatically scale applications based on the demand projections
- Takes accountability for the success of the team/s achieving their goals
- Influencing creative changes and improvements, challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing innovative ideas
- Be a productivity multiplier by analyzing workflow and contributing to enable teams to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results
- Mentor, guide and provide support to less experienced engineers
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience
- Experience as a hands-on software engineer who can build high quality software using a modern development stack. Golang would be great - if not, experience in one or more of the following: Java, Kotlin, C#, Python etc
- Experience in application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment
- Experience working with Git on small to medium sized teams
- Experience with open-source frameworks is a plus – especially maintaining or contributing to open source projects
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, redis, Couchbase, or Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Gitlab CI) a plus
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks a plus
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes, a plus
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.), a plus
- Strong ability to develop unique, outside the box ideas
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Willing to take risks, experiment, and share fresh perspectives
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
- Contributions to opensource projects/inner source is a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com .