The Business Unit FP&A (BU FP&A) in Corporate Planning was established to centralize financial planning and analysis activities across American Express. The Management Reporting Data Management team within BU FP&A is responsible for managing core financial reporting statistics operational processes while also maintaining reporting hierarchies and mappings. Within the Data Management team, a Data Controls & Governance function is being created to lead efforts to enhance and streamline our existing data controls environment and data governance processes.
The Senior Financial Analyst role of the Data Controls & Governance function will be responsible for identifying, implementing and managing data controls within the end-to-end Management Reporting infrastructure. In addition, this role will partner with technologies, FTT and other management reporting data stakeholders to incorporate new controls and to establish governing principles.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Highly motivated individual with an ability to perform in-depth analysis and synthetize large datasets
• Ensure compliance within the data control governance framework
• Communicate, report, and remediate control events and performance
• Ability to partner with technologies and other key stakeholders to understand and enhance the control environment of existing processes
• Ability to challenge the status quo and strengthen the control environment
• Understanding of Big Data and management reporting infrastructure
• Minimum of 2 years Accounting/Finance/Data Analytics experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Data Analytics
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Oracle, PPT, and TM1
• Knowledge of financial controls environment and strong process control mindset
• Must have a high degree of initiative, integrity, dedication, ability to adapt effectively in a changing environment and comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.