American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading provider of payments for corporations and businesses of all sizes globally. The US SME (Small Medium Enterprise) segment is the largest opportunity for growth in GCS and a key area of strategic focus and investment. The Retention and Best Customer team is focused on preventing attrition of clients and protecting relationships of our Best Customers to ultimately drive more profitable growth for the business. This innovative team is anchored on utilizing data to design highly targeted surround-sound marketing strategies anchored in reaching the right customer at the right time in the right channel.
This role is responsible for supporting the Best Customer Program for GCS, in partnership with the Senior Manager, Best Customer Strategy. The role will ensure cross-functional alignment of all initiatives touching the Best Customer segment(s) to deliver a streamlined treatment strategy on behalf of our customers. The strategy will focus on differentiated treatments for the top-tier of customers in GCS, to drive continued loyalty and ensure full segment retention. The ideal candidate is responsible for coordination and communication across impacted partner teams including US Consumer and Merchant Services. This is a great opportunity to be part of a high performing, dynamic team and to contribute to the retention and growth of an important customer segment.
- Drive thought leadership alongside key partners in across the Blue Box to propose and assess differentiated treatments to recognize and engage US Commercial’s Best Customers
- Partner closely with market research and analytics partners to deepen segment insights and evolve learning agenda
- Develop and communicate best practices to deepen loyalty of Best Customers and other high priority segments
- Monitor segment performance and key trends
- Act as central point of contact for program across GCS and own targeted, focused deliverable plan
- Provide on-going tracking; create and distribute monthly metrics reports and lead out on monthly PMO updates
- Experienced analytic and data-driven performer who can influence and drive enterprise alignment and consistent customer treatment strategy
- Collaborative, flexible mindset
- Desire to build relationships and learn new areas of the business
- Ability to proactively and independently identify opportunities for improvement
- Exceptional communication, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.