Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
WHO WE ARE
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Resy is looking for enthusiastic Sales Development Representatives to join our team. In this role, you will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes in order to turn prospects into business accounts. We are seeking highly driven, results-oriented individuals who are eager to learn the fundamentals of sales through coaching and training.
This position is the first step in our paved career development and has advancement potential within the Sales organization. You will learn about sales fundamentals and what it means to qualify a lead. Here, you will master how to generate and manage the top of the sales funnel while learning the basics of closing deals in the bottom of funnel. Once you’ve hit your goals, you will have the opportunity to progress your career as a Sales Executive at one of the fastest growing restaurant technology companies.
Applicants must be based in the Charleston area. This role is initially a virtual-office position, requiring the ability to successfully work from home, with the probability of transitioning in-office within 2021.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Research restaurant openings with the intention of adding new leads to pre-existing pipeline
- Leverage in-office CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories
- Develop targeting strategies within given territory to generate new business opportunities
- Create opportunities via cold call, email and social outreach to be passed to your Sales Account Executives
- Work alongside Management to build off existing strategy based on updates to the restaurant landscape, both internally and externally
- Maintain an organized pipeline and activity records using Salesforce.com
- Learn the basics of working with sales technologies in order to maintain an organized sales pipeline, track communication in relation to prospects, and actively report on day to day business activities.
BIG PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- 0-3 years of sales or related business experience
- A commanding desire to learn, succeed and grow in tech sales
- Strong passion for restaurants and the hospitality industry
- Tenacious attitude and ability to self-motivate and drive toward success
- Software and/or SaaS knowledge and experience
- Salesforce experience
Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
Charleston, South Carolina
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.