AMEX Assurance Co. (AAC) provides insurance protection for American Express Card Members through implicit card benefits, and fee/add-on insurance products to both Card Members and non-Card Members. This role will reside in the Claim and Servicing Operations department of AAC, whose primary responsibilities include enrollment, servicing, and adjudication of insurance policies and claims; this role provides an exciting opportunity in handling claims for the Retail and Warranty products in the AMEX Assurance Co. Insurance portfolio.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Investigation by using tools available to settle claims quickly and efficiently
- Maintaining state compliance
- Decision making of claims for these products, as well as direct phone interaction with the customer to ensure timely decisions
- Researching warranties and repair estimates by making outbound calls to businesses and manufacturers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Insurance or Customer Service industry experience preferred
- Customer First Principles demonstrated through excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for exceptional service
- Strong phone skills
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid changes in workflow
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with minimal supervision to drive results
- Strong problem solving skills, time management and organizational skills
- Superior level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in PC skills, including MS Word and Excel
- A current Claims Adjuster License is a plus
- If a license is not currently held, the applicant must be able to obtain the necessary license during the time frame allowed prior to training. Upon hiring, candidate will have 3 attempts to pass the Oklahoma Licensing exam. If the exam to obtain your license cannot be passed, after 3 attempts, employment will be terminated. We have a 98% pass rate.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.