You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back .
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Global Contact Center Technology team develops and manages critical components and platforms that deliver best in class customer experiences for our colleagues and customers across a global servicing footprint. Join us and you could be a core team member in the delivery of next generation customer service, leading critical initiative planning and execution as we transform our Contact Center platforms and servicing journeys within a large-scale Agile environment.
The International Connex team is looking for a Release Train Engineer to join our energetic team of high performers. If you thrive in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment consider joining the team. In this role, you will be responsible for working in partnership with Product Management and Owners, as well as the core and extended Technology teams including Architect(s), to create and prioritize the program backlog. Responsible for facilitating train/release level events such as Program Increment planning, Inspect and Adapt, and the ART Syncs.
Facilitate and Leads ART Execution
- Drives train/release level processes demonstrating servant leadership coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy.
- Facilitates Program Increment (PI) planning meetings with leadership, product management, delivery teams, and Business Partners on the ART(s).
- Support train level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to ensure the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions.
- Partners with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Business Partners to help assure strategy, vision, and road map alignment and execution.
- Ensure value is achieved by the train on behalf of end users.
- Assist with train prioritization.
- Collaborates with other Release Train Engineers (RTE) to coordinate cross-train dependencies and other organizations and teams.
- Create data-driven insights into the delivery and execution of the ART using relevant portfolio, Release Train, and team level metrics.
- Raises impediments, handles risks, dependencies, and resourcing needs.
- Support and encourage innovation through continuous exploration.
- Aggregates and drives team PI objectives into train/release objectives to ensure successful delivery.
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams.
- Track and measure feature and capability execution.
Leadership and Coaching
- Understand the team’s technical platforms and applications.
- Facilitate solution technical alignment discussions.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Technical Project Manager in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values and Principles.
- Encourage diversity of thought and demonstrate an open mindset.
- Foster a culture of trust and leadership in others.
- Champion a learning culture to drive continuous improvements and standardization.
- Respectfully and purposefully challenge the status quo.
- Inspires collaboration and quality practices between system architects, Agile teams, and product teams.
- Promotes compliance with SDLC standards across the ART
- Ensures data integrity for the ART within the Agile Management tools.
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of Technical Project Manager experience and/or 3+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience.
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver solutions.
- Current/active SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus.
- Additional Agile certifications a plus.
- Adaptive Communication
- Ability to influence and gain alignment at all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Drives committed improvement through transformational leadership.
- Builds high trust and creditability across the organization through deep domain knowledge of the business and underlying technology.
- Supporting and improving the usage of DevOps, CI/CD (continuous Integration /Continuous Deployment) across the Agile train(s).
- Strong facilitation and communication skills.
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Ability to drive value delivery.
- Technical Acumen & Technology Industry Trends
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn about new technology quickly and easily.