About American Express
American Express is a global financial services company that provides consumers and businesses with outstanding access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Working With Us
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and teamwork, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to explore a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the mentorship and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
That’s the powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
The Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) Team is looking for a Vice President to build, lead, and develop a diverse team of high-performing operational excellence professionals. The Vice President will serve as a primary liaison with regulators and internal audit on exams and operational risk matters.
- Lead all aspects of regulatory and internal review exams
- Partner with strategy teams on responses to exam inquiries
- Track resolution of requests and ensure that significant risks and issues are appropriate and timely escalated
- Review and implement compliance with bank policies
- Provide analytical rigor and bring strategic leadership to operational initiatives
- Lead, engage, and encourage a global team of high performing risk management professionals
- Work with business partners to enhance value proposition, improve customer experience, and strengthen operational controls
- Seven or more years of experience in risk management or operational control in a Financial Service company or US Regulatory agency
- Understanding of regulatory and control requirements for Financial Services companies
- Experience in leading initiatives in operational risk and control monitoring frameworks
- Strong people leader and team player with a demonstrated ability to develop team members and build highly effective and results-driven culture
- Strong relationship management and proven track record of positively collaborating and partnering with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to all levels of the organization
- The ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.