You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Here at Travel and Lifestyle Services we delieve customer value every day. We build the websites and applications that fuel the extraordinary service our customers expect from American Express. With a small group of global teams, we in TLS Online technology like to empower our engineers to make decisions, learn and innovate. We are now looking for a knowledgable and enthusiastic UX engineer to join our friendly and collaborative UK team.
- Contribute to the design and development of new applicatiosn and services to suppor our travel portfolio
- Create experiences that are accessible, responsive, and support all modern browsers
- Contribute to the provisioning, deployment and monitoring of services across environments
- Debug code both locally and in deployed environments to identify and remediate defects
- Applying personal experience and on the job learning to advance our standards and technical practices
- Work collaboratively across a global team to effectively deliver the teams goals and
- Participate as part of a cross team, code review process
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experiece of software development in a professional environment as part of an Agile team
- Knowledge of Agile processes, ceremonies and how these practices benefit day to day operations of a team
- Experience designing, coding and testing applications in ReactJS
- Knowledge of Reacts wide family of libraries and toolchains such as Redux, React Intl., jest, npm, webpack etc
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with colleagues across technology and product and
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com .