The Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
Within Global Merchant Services Pricing, this Manager position is specifically on the Technical Strategy & Control (TS&C) team and will be responsible for oversight of Merchant Pricing controls, including management of an offshore Contract Center of Excellence (CoE). It has a global scope.
- Leading the Contract CoE team, including evolving the process and talent strategy and being the overall steward for the process
- Identifying both process and system/tool enhancement opportunities to drive greater efficiency
- Providing thought leadership and a laser focus on flawless execution with respect to implementing contractual terms
- Liaising with Pricing partners around the globe to identify/leverage best practices and to continue transitioning work functions to the CoE, where appropriate
- Ensuring scorecard metrics include stretch goals to acknowledge superior performance and to identify deficiencies in performance
- Ensuring all key processes and procedures are well-documented
- Partnering with Audit, Operational Risk and other organizations to ensure continued compliance with any/all controls, requirements and standards
- Proven people leader with strong references from former leaders and team members
- Substantial experience managing controls and compliance; Merchant experience is a plus
- Business process management and improvement mindset
- Exceptional relationship/influencing skills
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative thinker willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop recommendations
- Motivated self-starter with strong project management skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment; demonstrates personal excellence
- Experience working with offshore teams a must
- Passionate focus on the customer; demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs and pain points
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to remain calm and flexible under pressure
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.