The Merchant Platforms & Capabilities (MP&C) team looking for an analytical, motivated self-starter for a Project Analyst role. The analyst will develop requirements and manage project tasks required to deliver small - large complex projects.
Delivery is achieved through Agile methodology and best practices. The analyst will deliver change aligned with the vision and goals of GM&NS (Global Merchant and Network Services) while coordinating, interacting and directly influencing multiple American Express business units around the world driving global systems development and integration throughout the development of business requirements, system support, and development of system reports.
Key Job Responsibilities
Candidate will work in conjunction with product managers, product owners and scrum teams to develop user stories. Candidate will be responsible for facilitating calls across project teams and other business areas to resolve issues and identify gaps. This may include working with Business partners and Technologies to ensure identification of needs. Candidate will participate in scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, show-and-tell, and program increment planning.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, collaboration across multiple business teams and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and will work across various stakeholder groups, Technologies, Compliance, Pricing, Treasury, Finance, Servicing, and other cross functional teams.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to accommodate multiple time zones when required
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to self-manage and prioritize competing tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years Business Analytics experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.