You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
The Global Accounts Receivables team is a part of the Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence (COE). The team plays a key role in the development of New Card Products, Benefit Programs, Lending and Commerce initiatives that help grow revenue, deepen customer engagement and increase member value. The team drives the development of products and software that deliver on business growth while increasing speed to market and modernizing AR. The team is also responsible for enhancing customer experience through development and enhancement of AR capabilities.
The Global AR Software Product Management team is looking for a talented and driven software Product Owner to lead the transformation of Account Receivable capabilities for the Core Card Platforms and help us build our next generation of technology assets.The primary focus area for this role will be Global AR Data Publication, including APIs, events and data caches.
These roles will lead Product Discovery, understanding the ‘who’, ‘why’, ‘what’ in collaboration with a multitude of cross functional product and engineering stakeholders to define requirements, and write user stories with clear & measurable acceptance criteria. We are looking for someone with great business acumen, a love of technology, and agile product owner skills.
You will be working with our local markets, to understand and support the definition and documentation of the Roadmap, Product Vision, mapping user stories to the needs of the business and ensuring product delivery meets the business need. You will work with one or more scrum teams, align with other Product Owners/Managers, Project Managers, and Engineers across the globe to prioritize the backlog, develop user stories, and collaborate to deliver on Global AR initiatives.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Translate complex business objectives into features and user stories, working closely with engineering to provide the information required for those teams to successful deliver software products
- Ensure what the team builds is aligned with what is needed to achieve the desired outcomes
- Lead grooming, and owning/prioritizing the team’s backlog so they meet the definition of ready, then work with the team to execute
- Execute agile methodologies for collaboration in a dynamic product development environment.
- Maintain the product backlog and ensure user stories are aligned to underlying product outcomes
- Support the Product Manager(s) to ensure in the identification of technical problems, and devise solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment
- Participate in retrospectives to ensure lessons learned are carried forward in subsequent development activities
- Lead the team in defining what needs to change on the platform to support a particular business feature (impact analysis / approach definition)
- Manage team capacity by prioritizing / planning work through Rally stories and project future capacity needs based on pipeline work
- Ensure feature grooming conforms to definition of ready, and acceptance test criteria is completed to definition of done
- Foster and contribute to a culture of ownership, follow-through, and collaboration by adopting a mindset of doing whatever it takes to make the team successful
- Works with customers, key partners, and partners to define a product vision and strategy that is aligned with the high-level product roadmap
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities, and business integration needs
- Enable cross-functional collaboration with relevant teams within the product scope
- Assist the Director of Product Management in supporting the creation of a Product Backlog for a specific product
- Prioritize and maintain the sprint backlog consistent with the Outcomes and Product Roadmap and perform story elaboration with the implementation team
- Work closely with the design and technology teams to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions
- Review/demonstrate sprint-related or general functionality with external partners and customers, including the Director of Product Management and other colleagues
- Coordinate communications and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product backlog
- Create documentation that Identifies and highlights gaps in the end user experience from production launches
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in Software Product development and delivering on a product roadmap
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Experience with Agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and drive to thorough requirements
- Experience in writing customer journeys, user stories, features in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Good analytical skills. Shown experience in data analysis and analytical decision-making, with preference for consumer services products
- Problem solving, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills
- Project management skills, ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree an advantage or equivalent experience
- Previous knowledge of APIs and Product Management is desirable but not essential
- Ability to support or leading large, complex features or products with multiple partners
- Experience working with rapid and iterative development teams strongly desired
- Work from Home Requirements:
- Must have at least 25 mbps internet connection plan / speed
- Must have a private & quiet area to work at home
- Must be amenable to work in Taguig once community quarantine measures are lifted
To know more about our recruitment process, you may watch this short video – What to Expect: Recruitment at American Express