You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
The Enterprise Platforms Loyalty and Benefits organization is looking for a talented and experienced product manager to drive the transformation of Network Loyalty capabilities for partner redemption and benefit enrollment within our global GNS Card Member capabilities. These products support the GNS Issuing Business growth and compliance needs with high stability and very high-volume transactions. The transformation will drive efficiency and improvements in agility, cost, innovation, and speed to market.
As the Product Manager for Network Loyalty Platform, you will be working side by side with engineering teams to prioritize the backlog, develop features and collaborate to deliver on loyalty initiatives. You will consult with key GNS and CoE business partners and stakeholders to articulate outcomes and expectations, tie initiatives to key metrics, and drive consensus around Minimum Viable Product (MVP) definitions. You will work with execution teams to ensure delivery of consistently high-quality, timely feature launches.
You will also be responsible for weighing initiatives against opportunity costs, feasibility, and product roadmaps. A key part of this role will be to build and foster a culture of agility and product ownership in close partnership with technology and business teams.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders across Enterprise Platforms to leverage best practices and evaluate potential new opportunities and enhancements, share learnings across markets and Business Units, and enable demonstration of long-term value to American Express
- Establish a robust Network Loyalty Product strategy using inputs from market research as well as analysis from internal stakeholders such as CoE, marketing, banks, partners, compliance, architecture etc
- Simplify the network loyalty process, increase speed to market and enhance customer experience
- Develop a deep understanding of Global Loyalty APIs
- Deep engagement and consultation with various business and bank/concierge teams to understand current and future needs
- Build robust understanding of benefits, redemption, payment, and loyalty domain as well as competitive landscape
- Build and actively manage a product backlog of features and capabilities that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business teams
- Manage work allocation of scrum teams by translating features into prioritized user stories and by tight coordination with cross functional Product Owners
- Full participation in and support of agile practices and ceremonies to reinforce the agile transformation of the delivery team
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple teams in creating solutions to business needs
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience in Software Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap
- Product Manager with an Engineering/QA background who are familiar with APIs and/or Functional Testing
- Hands on experience in building a distributed technology stack as well as transition from mainframe to distributed
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Proven experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and drive to optimal requirements
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Project management skills: ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages is desirable
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products is desirable
- University degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com .