Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Enterprise Digital Member Experiences team (EDME) is responsible for the product management and design of American Express’ proprietary digital products – Amex Mobile App, americanexpress.com, Amex Offers, Customer Personalisation and Amex communication channels (email, SMS & push notifications).
As a team we are focused on driving engagement, satisfaction and revenue through a combination of best-in-class user experience and compelling features and functionality. We have a global remit and, with our partners across the company, we bring the best of American Express’ payment and related services to life through our digital experiences.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Product Manager to join the EDME Capabilities team in either London, New York or Phoenix. The EDME Capabilities team solves common challenges encountered by other EDME teams when building digital experiences. We solve these common challenges by creating cross-channel capabilities. This role will partner closely with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, data analysts, and business stakeholders across the organization.
- Research and identify new capabilities by assessing the external landscape and trends, user behaviour, and internal needs
- Solve common challenges across domains, teams, applications and experiences by developing capabilities that scale globally and across use cases
- Lead the development and management of cross-channel capabilities, collaborating with partners whilst being accountable and defining the product scope and prioritization
- Create clear and engaging communications to help colleagues understand not just how capabilities work but what they address and why they were built the way they are
- Measure the effectiveness and success of capabilities, including the satisfaction of those who leverage them
- Evangelise internally for EDME’s principles, practices and objectives, and help partners design scalable platforms and services to power our digital experiences
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Passion for studying complex problems; an inquisitive and analytical mindset; able to ask the right questions and delve deeper into the details; doesn’t rest on ambiguity
- Leverage data and insights, both qualitative and quantitative, to inform decisions, experiments, and strategies
- Ability to collaborate, partner and co-create with a variety of teams and colleagues across the organisation
- Accomplished at building and managing digital products; appreciate the difference between creating and iterating on a valuable product vs completing a project
- Adept at balancing short- and long-term decision making and execution, use short feedback cycles to produce excellent products at scale; don’t be afraid to say “no”
- Exceptional communication skills across a variety of medium and audiences; attention to detail in everything you produce and how you communicate
- Solid understanding of how the modern web works; how websites differ from mobile apps; how systems communicate with each other
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com .