You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
You won’t just help our customers see the world; you’ll help them truly experience it.
If you have a flair for exceptional customer service with an aptitude for learning and natural curiosity, this role is for you. With an intensive training and coaching program, here’s your chance to join a highly skilled Concierge Team. Are you up for the challenge to join a key player in the travel industry?
From learner to leader, see the bigger picture.
Once you’ve completed the training, you will be ready to take whatever travel request comes your way. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day:
- You will delight our Premium Card Members with unforgettable experiences
- As a consultant, you will refine your knowledge of customer needs by asking personalized fact-finding questions to deliver an innovative and extraordinary service designed to meet customers unique requirements
- You will research, plan and execute customized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international flights, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
- You will use your in-depth knowledge to help Card Members access their exclusive benefits, including how to make the most of their Membership Reward points.
- You take your understanding of new and existing product offerings, value proposition and relevance to the Card Member, to curate your recommendation
- At times, you will need to de-escalate a Card Member’s stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
- You will always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the Membership First mindset and winning their loyalty
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
What you need to thrive:
- Ability to provide expert and consultative customer service in a premium travel role.
- Experience servicing customers ideally in hospitality, concierge/lifestyle servicing, high-end customer service or sales roles. Travel reservations experience would be desirable but not essential.
- A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully listening, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
- Excellent knowledge of world geography and travel destinations including associated interests & activities with these destinations
- The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly evolving circumstances
- A problem solver, you’ll be able to effectively explore Card Member issues and offer the best creative solutions with a view to resolving on the first contact
- Computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
- Excellent time management with an eye for detail and accuracy
- High level of integrity to work with customer information and treat it sensitively
- Ability to collaborate in person with all colleagues of all levels
- Ability to thrive in a metric driven and team-based environment, with a healthy drive to meet and exceed goals
- The flexibility to work shifts, including evenings and weekends
We are a 24/7 customer call center operating environment, so we have a variety of shift schedules designed to meet the needs of our customers and provide work/life balance to our colleagues. These cover evenings and weekends in addition to core hours and we can discuss them further with you during your application process.
The role will be based at our Brighton office. There may be a period of temporarily working from home depending on UK COVID-19 restrictions in place and American Express workplace safety requirements. In order to accommodate any period of working from home, the minimum requirements are:
Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services
A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
Work at Home is only temporary and as soon as it is safe, you will be asked to return to the office site.We are recruiting for various roles within our team, all of which will be servicing Card Members within our premium product portfolio. Your travel experience and servicing skills as demonstrated through the interview process will help us to determine which servicing team you will be offered a role with should you be successful
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.