Operations Team Leader – Corporate Collections
Global Cards and Risk Operations
Global Servicing Group
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
WE ARE AON HEWITT’S BEST EMPLOYER FOR 2017, 2018, and 2019 IN THE PHILIPPINES
ICT Award’s Best Global In-House Center Company for 2017, 2018, and 2019
ICT Awards’ HALL OF FAME
J.D. Power’s ranked us the Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies in the U.S.
Great Place to Work ® Philippines CERTIFIED
Ranked in the Top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® List in the US for the second consecutive year.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible – and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Join #TeamAmex and let's lead the way together.
Where developing relationships is the key to our success.
Our vision is to provide our Cardmembers and Merchants the world’s best customer experience every day. We deliver for our customers, designing creative solutions to meet their needs, and aiming to make a meaningful difference in their lives.
Given the importance placed upon delivering extraordinary customer care at American Express, we see it as essential to attract and develop talented people by:
- Offering opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and teamwork
Our successful Team Leader has a passion for delivering extraordinary service and demonstrated leadership ability to inspire their team to drive exceptional business results.
This exciting Team Leader role is the coach to a team of highly skilled and motivated Credit Specialists
As an inspiring coach, the Team Leader will set team and individual performance goals and use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results.
They will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, and will provide consistent and ongoing coaching and feedback to ensure their teams are performing at their highest levels.
Motivate, Collaborate and Inspire
Help propel your team and its business partners to success
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
Analyze, Communicate and Innovate
- Deliver tailored, inspirational and effective coaching to specialists
- Hold regular sessions to observe individual performance and provide honest and actionable feedback through one-on-one sessions.
- Inspire and motivate team members to have a passion to serve
- Create an environment in which the colleague feels their contribution is valued in extraordinary customer service
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help colleagues maximize their performance
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to maintain service levels and colleague satisfaction
- Participate in the selection, training and development of high performing and highly engaged team members
- Lead and maintain colleague satisfaction and engagement by using reward and recognition tools available
- Lead by example, promoting blue box behaviors and encouraging an effective and positive work environment
- Challenge your team to ‘raise the bar’ and drive continuous improvement Build talent pipeline by identifying staff with high potential for succession planning and coaching
- Follow up on requests by leader, peers and direct reports consistently.
- Encourage team members to own first resolution of service issues and provide the necessary coaching. Encourage risk-taking and empowerment within the agreed process and standards to address customer needs.
- Analyze metrics and any issues that could affect achievement of service levels immediately.
- Analyze performance management data, and identifying opportunities to further drive Cardmember satisfaction, Collection Metrics, Service levels, Average handling time, Profitability, Schedule adherence etc
- Monitor customer servicing calls, and identifying opportunities to ensure flawless servicing
- Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services
- Ensure compliance for all processes and policies
- Analyze skills and abilities to identify individual strengths and opportunities to develop action plans.
- Plan, and prepare for daily coaching activities to develop and motivate individuals
- Continually develop skills required for Team Leader effectiveness and seek opportunities to learn from peers.
- Communicate the current state of the business regularly and help team to understand departmental priorities and the impact of these on their role.
- Foster open communication by conducting regular meaningful team meetings/huddles to share success and challenges.
- Use communication and role modeling to ensure all team members understand clearly what behaviors are required to provide extraordinary customer care.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree AN ADVANTAGE
- Minimum total work experience of 5 years REQUIRED
- Direct people leading experience of 3-5 years in a Premium call center customer service environment (preferably in BFSI account) REQUIRED
- A working knowledge of the Third-Party Corporate / Consumer Credit Card Collections Landscape is REQUIRED .
- Good working interpersonal and people leadership skills.
- Superior global thinking and strong process/quality improvement mindset.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated consultative experience, ability to influence, resourceful.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Location: Bonifacio One Technology Tower, Rizal Drive corner 31st Street, BGC, Taguig (when Return-to-Office initiatives are in place)
- Work from Home Requirements:
- Must have at least 25 mbps internet connection plan / speed
- Must have a private & quiet area to work at home
- Must be amenable to work in Taguig once community quarantine measures are lifted
- Workplace Flexibility: Full Time, Rotating Shift
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives
Once application is acknowledged, your profile will be reviewed by the Talent Acquisition team. If qualified, you can expect at least 1-2 interviews video call interviews to happen after. The interview will be conducted by our Operations Service Delivery Leader and Operations Director.
Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work on rotational shifts, PRIMARILY NIGHT SHIFT depending on business needs including weekends and holidays.
To know more about our recruitment process, you may watch this short video – What to Expect: Recruitment at American Express