Operations Team Leader – Travel and Lifestyle Services
WE ARE AON HEWITT’S BEST EMPLOYER FOR 2017, 2018, and 2019 IN THE PHILIPPINES
ICT Award’s Best Global In-House Center Company for 2017, 2018, and 2019
ICT Awards’ HALL OF FAME
J.D. Power’s ranked us the Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies in the U.S.
Great Place to Work ® Philippines CERTIFIED
American Express is looking for top talent! American Express is looking for top-notch OPERATIONS TEAM LEADERS (Voice) to join the growing Travel and Lifestyle Services team!
You lead the way. We’ve got your back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Find your place on #TeamAmex.
American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS)
serves American Express Card Members around the world with a full range of services, from trip planning and booking to enhancing their travel plans with tailored experiences.
Across the globe, TLS has thousands of dedicated colleagues who are passionate about what they do and take pride in delivering exceptional, personalized service to our customers and helping them to unlock unique and memorable experiences from their travels.
Grow as a leader, learn every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. At American Express, we back our colleagues' leadership potential and ability to shape their future. That’s why we invest in your growth and offer everyday learning experiences so you can be and deliver your best– for yourself and your team. No matter what role you have in the company, you can have the space and support you need to learn, grow and lead every day.
Know the way forward. Show the way forward.
Our dynamic Team Leaders create an engaging and high performing environment to manage, lead and coach a team of dedicated Travel Consultants who provide leisure travel services to our Premium Card Members. Passionate about customer commitment, they use their strong leadership skills to motivate and inspire the team to deliver extraordinary service by surpassing the expectations of American Express Card Members and reaching our business goals with outstanding results.
Don’t just inspire followers. Create future leaders.
If there’s a way to give our customers what they want, you’ll find it. And that means knowing how to:
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Inspire your team to achieve their goals at an individual and team level; creating an environment for them to be successful
- Evaluate your team’s performance and consistently provide knowledgeable and consultative coaching, mentoring, and feedback that is based on your own experiences and expert knowledge of the travel industry; to drive continuous improvement
- Collaborate with leaders across teams to share best practice and drive overall team performance as well as individual team goals
- Recognize key performance indicators and create individual development and action plans that are owned and driven by the employees
- Improving your team’s performance in the key areas of delivering customer satisfaction and efficiency in the premium servicing environment
- Conduct team meetings, to lead your team through change or to ensure they are informed of any issues which may affect the way they service our Card Members
- Communicating directly with Card Members through outbound calls and in the event of escalated enquiries
- Ensure first-class service delivery is the main priority
- Confidently adapting to the dynamic voice contact center environment and supporting your team through operational change
- Managing your time effectively to be available to your team whilst managing the business needs.
- Building an engaged team through regular career and development activity
Work at Home Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree AN ADVANTAGE
- At least 3-4 years of solid experience in a leadership role (direct leadership experience, coaching and developing a team) REQUIRED
- Experience of driving individual and team performance through monitoring and coaching on customer delivery
- Current leadership experience within a service-oriented environment REQUIRED
- Ability to fluently speak and write in English
- Demonstrated passion for service and a high level of customer service experience and commitment is required with the ability to resolve customer issues and concerns, inspiring loyalty to the brand. You will have regular contact with customers / Card Members through outbound and escalated calls.
- Maintain resilience, composure and remain positive under pressure and changing circumstances at all times
- Strong consultative coaching skills with ability to confidently motivate and inspire a team
- Ability to drive and measure business results
- Highly collaborative within and across teams with ability to influence others
- Strong analytical skills, with a proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good time management and can effectively prioritize team workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel or hospitality industry experience, with knowledge of a GDS reservation / booking system REQUIRED
- Call center experience and/or a travel background would be very useful, especially in a voice servicing center environment REQUIRED
- Ability to develop and nurture a team to increase engagement and skills
- Experience of monitoring, reporting and delivering key performance metrics to senior management
- Ability to identify, propose and execute performance improvement initiatives
- A strong appreciation for the travel and tourism industry
- Flexibility to work shifting schedules including nights and weekends
Work-at-Home is only temporary and as soon as it is safe, you will be asked to report to the office site in Bonifacio Global City.
Why American Express?
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
- Attractive base pay
- Competitive performance-based bonus
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Free HMO coverage from day 1 for the employee and eligible dependents.
- Retirement Fund
- Career development including training and career growth
- Generous maternity/paternity paid leave
- Private mother’s room
- On-site gym
- Fitness studio
- Fun karaoke room
- On-site clinic
Once screened and invited by the Talent Acquisition team, expect at least 1-2 interviews (via Webex video call) to happen after.
Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work on rotational shifts depending on business needs including weekends and holidays.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To know more about our recruitment process, you may watch this short video – What to Expect: Recruitment at American Express