You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
GCC, The Place To Be! In Global Commercial Credit (GCC) we are very excited to present the following job opportunity. This is a great time to join a fast-growing business unit, work with an enthusiastic group of colleagues and develop your career. Why Global Commercial Credit? GCC has been a recently growing department within American Express, and here we are truly committed to the vision of providing the world’s best credit and underwriting experience every day. Through our teams, we deliver superior service around the world by recovering delinquent balances and limiting American Express’s exposure to losses from corporations, their card members and from our Merchants. Covering nearly 30 markets, our team services over a dozen languages.
This Band 25 role as Merchant Credit Specialist in the Merchant Credit team will involve servicing the EMEA markets (Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, UK & Multicurrency). The team deals with merchant debit balance collections, insolvencies and write-off prevention. This is a role in the collections function. This is an excellent opportunity to join a positive, multicultural and multilingual team servicing our merchants.
- Manage the collection of overdue payments.
- Understand customers financial arrangements and requirements.
- Use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes.
- Strategic decision making to drive customer loyalty and growth for the business.
- Outbound and Inbound calls with some back-office tasks. - Secure repayment of overdue funds and avoid potential losses/write-offs.
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both customer experience and shareholder value.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The role will be based at our Brighton office. There may be a period of temporarily working from home depending on UK COVID-19 restrictions in place and American Express workplace safety requirements. In order to accommodate any period of working from home, the minimum requirements are:
Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable, fibre, optic services. A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background nose or other distractions. Work at home is only temporary and as soon as it’s safe, you will be asked to return to the office site.
Not local to Brighton?
We appreciate your willingness to relocate within the UK
to meet business needs along with growing and developing your career, so we are able to help you with dedicated support and a domestic relocation package.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Strong numeric skills.
- Experience in a credit/collections environment.
- Experience in Merchant processes and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to take a professional approach to challenging situations.
- Understanding customers financial arrangements and requirements.
- Fluent in Swedish & English
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org .