You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
You won’t just help our customers see the world; you’ll help them truly experience it.
If you have a flair for exceptional customer service, an aptitude for learning and natural curiosity, this role is for you. With an intensive training and coaching program, here’s your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant. Are you up for the challenge to join a key player in the travel industry?
Deliver the expected, and the unexpected.
Membership Managers are skillful consultants that educate their portfolio of Card Members on their benefits and grow engagement through their ability to develop relationships. They drive sales through their exceptional service and deep knowledge of our travel and lifestyle products and benefits. Membership Managers deliver efficiently and flawlessly every day, every time.
Some of your responsibilities in this role will be:
- Collaborating with your team Membership Executive to understand the profile, preferences and history (travel and lifestyle) of each Member in the team portfolio
- Ensure customer profiles are accurate and up to date to further the proactive servicing philosophy
- Being the clients first point of contact by phone or e-mail and taking ownership of the Card Member’s travel and lifestyle experience from beginning to end
- Using exceptional consulting skills so that you can recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to our Card Members needs
- Serving as an ‘expert’ who can provide personal insight into top travel destinations and lifestyle events which can be shared with customers and colleagues
- Master existing and new product offerings, value proposition and relevance to your Card Members
- Building relationships with our travel and lifestyle partners which will enable you to provide extraordinary experiences, perfectly executed
- Leveraging internal expertise to coordinate the handling of complex inquiries, ensuring timely completion to the satisfaction of the customer
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
What you need to thrive:
- Proven track record of exceptional customer satisfaction metrics
- Ability to provide expert and consultative customer service in a premium travel role.
- Experience servicing customers ideally in hospitality, concierge/lifestyle servicing, high-end customer service or sales roles. Travel reservations experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of channels through active listening and impeccable written and spoken communication
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment, displays a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and in the face of frequently changing or competing demands
- A flair for providing expert and consultative customer servicing and building strong customer relationships
- Ability to drive customer satisfaction through understanding and meeting their travel and lifestyle servicing needs and following-up on engagement opportunities
- Self-motivation to work independently, managing your time and prioritizing your workload appropriately
- A desire to take ownership of your work and maintain superior attention to detail
- A strong knowledge of world geography and travel destinations including the lifestyle scene across the globe preferred
- A background in call centre servicing, driving your own efficiency metrics would be an advantage
- Flexibility to work shifts to meet customer needs
We service our Card Members 24 hours / 7 days per week. The Centurion servicing department is open 7 days a week and hours of operation can change due to servicing needs.
- The role will be based at our London office in Victoria. There may be a period of temporarily working from home depending on UK COVID-19 restrictions in place and American Express workplace safety requirements. In order to accommodate any period of working from home, the minimum requirements are:
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
Work at Home is only temporary and as soon as it is safe, you will be asked to return to the office.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.