The primary responsibility of the Manager- Insurance Compliance is to Manage/Lead Insurance Regulatory Analysts and participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of AMEX Assurance Company insurance programs, standards and procedures.
This position will:
- Manage the activities of regulatory professionals that ensure compliance with legal/regulatory requirements and corporate policies and procedures and delivery of excellent service to internal and external partners.
- Direct and provide leadership on product development and training to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and address workflow issues and provide guidance for implementation of filings, testing and form updates as well as resolution of regulatory issues.
- Set performance goals for area that align and support business objectives and ensure a high level of engagement.
- Make product and compliance decisions regarding complex contract and regulation interpretations, including involving and providing direction to outside counsel.
- Assist with audits, both internal and vendor, business self-testing and operational risk activities.
- Formulate process improvements, evaluate options, and implement the most effective in an optimal manner.
- Report results to Leadership as well as partners and serve as primary contact for partners on product regulatory issues.
- Review performance of staff, providing timely and meaningful feedback.
- Strong people leadership skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change, and willing to challenge the status quo
- 5+ years of experience in the insurance or banking industry with a primary focus on underwriting, product filing, compliance, or related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade and influence a broad spectrum of constituents at all levels, including regulatory agencies and senior leadership
- Ability to think strategically to develop direction for team/department
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to identify potential compliance issues, potential root causes, and feasible operational solutions
- Strong relationship building skills to resolve business issues and deliver outcomes through collaboration
- Able to handle multiple and competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to give feedback and coach
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.