Global Merchant Services is the merchant acquirer, processor and marketing partner for the millions of merchants around the world who accept American Express Cards.
The Manager of Global Merchant and Network Services Planning and Analysis is responsible for providing and enabling centralized financial business analysis, decision support and strategic analysis for the Global Merchant and Network business. The role interfaces with the GMNS Executive Leadership Team, GMNS CFO, Reporting, Controllership, and other GMNS Finance teams as well as Finance HQ teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to be an integral part of a strong global team and develop deep knowledge of the Merchant business, as well as exposure to and insight from senior leadership. The Manager should be a self-starter who can work closely with senior leaders, deliver superior analytics, and own complex deliverables in a global organization.
Key responsibilities will include
- Analyze month-end results and drivers, and present key findings to leadership
- Manage and prepare monthly results deliverables to the GMNS President’s Office
- Drive and support the Annual Plan and LRP process for GMNS
- Support ah-doc requests from GMNS President’s Office and LFO
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- A self-starter with the ability to drive results, work with ambiguity, and create insights to explain results variances
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills; Intellectual curiosity to analyze financial data and draw strategic conclusions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working in a team environment
- Robust communication skills, written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint required as well as familiarity with TM1 and Finance Forward tools preferred
- 5 to 6 years of relevant work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.