The US Consumer and GABM Operational Excellence (OE Team) team’s mission is to support business growth and objectives while maintaining a strong control environment. The OE team acts as a Center of Excellence (CoE) within the business, and assists in the identification, measurement, monitoring, and management of operational risks related to the business products, processes, and initiatives.
This team’s scope includes US Proprietary, Cobrand and Lending products, Benefit Programs (MR and non-MR), GABM (Global Advertising and Brand Management), Consumer Marketing Services (CMS) and Consumer Banking.
For these areas of the business, the Operational Excellence team leads governance and implementation of several large-scale programs like New Products/Initiatives, PRSA Controls and Testing, Third Party Risk, IAG/Regulatory Exams, Information Security, Privacy, Financial Reporting, Physical Security and Business Continuity/Resiliency. In line with Amex’s “three lines of defense” approach to risk management, the First Line of Defense (Operational Excellence team) actively works with Second Line of Defense (GRBC, Compliance, Privacy, Info Sec, Third Party) and Third Line of Defense (Internal Audit) teams to ensure adequate implementation of risk management framework requirements.
The Manager/Sr. Manager Assistant, US Consumer Operational Excellence supports the VP of this organization and will be a member of the leadership team. This position provides a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual looking to expand his/her knowledge of the entire Consumer business and get an up-close view of how we drive the business forward while maintaining a strong control environment.
- Management of organizational business planning and operational processes for the leadership team, including meeting planning, business partner support, strategic priorities, goal setting & scorecard measurement
- Serving as trusted advisor to the leadership team, helping design and drive the organization's strategic objectives
- Executive level communications and content development, including town halls, leadership meetings, communications inside and outside of the team
- Develop and manage team-wide colleague engagement strategy and programs, including support of selected team-specific initiatives and learning and development activities
- Support of critical CEG process management (PMP, Talent Assessments, etc.) and Enterprise processes including Regulatory & Compliance training
- Govern new hire onboarding and training process
- Ownership of ad-hoc strategic projects and initiatives
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to effectively multi-task and lead projects with limited guidance.
- The individual must be a strong communicator, have an agile mindset and have the ability to balance the big picture view with intricate details.
- Ability to drive results by leading through persuasion and expertise with limited direct authority
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to systematically work and prioritize based on a broad understanding of project needs and goals
- Ability to build strong relationships with all band levels and work effectively on a collaborative team
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- High integrity with the ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- High intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn. True culture carrier, unafraid to ask questions, deliver constructive feedback and actively engage to make positive and meaningful contributions
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.