Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Manager Assistant role will support the B60 Enterprise Platforms Technology VP and handle a broad range of technology and management assignments, collaborating with a variety of internal partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a central point of contact for issues and addressing information requests
- Lead and manage the planning and operational processes to support the team, e.g. lead team meetings
- Creation of comprehensive communications/presentations for reviews with senior management and leadership team
- Lead colleague HR processes for activities including engagement, talent assessments and the PMP process and liaison with HR across multiple markets
- Coordinate and facilitate, where required, leadership meetings and events, including via Telepresence and Webex
- Coordinate and facilitate regular global colleague Town Hall meetings via Webex Events Centre
- Coordinate and ensure the seamless delivery of AET and AXP information requests
- Develop leader communications (presentations, announcements, quarterly colleague updates, etc.) to ensure organisational focus and effective change management
- Manage senior leader visits to the International Campuses and production of presentation materials
- Seek out and implement best practices and industry trends which can be leveraged to increase organisational efficiency and quality
- Manage headcount, Executive cost centre and assist in support of department financials
- Actively seek formal and informal feedback from colleagues to ensure maximum engagement and improve leadership effectiveness
- Create excellent working relationships across the group as well as business partner groups to maximize information sharing, problem solving and idea generation for key business issues
- Manage ad hoc special projects
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- The successful candidate is a highly organised and strategic thinker who is able to handle multiple diverse projects simultaneously, while continuing to support the day to day running of the VP's office and team.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgment, communication and follow through skills
- Technical aptitude and specific knowledge of AR/GR/DiB (Accounts Receivable/ Remittance / Digital Banking Platforms) an advantage
- Proven ability to take complex technical information and translate it into clear communications (presentations/memos) for a variety of audiences
- Exceptional organisational skills, financial acumen, analytical skills and experience with AET processes/tools
- A broad knowledge of AXP and a proven track record for influencing without authority across all levels of American Express
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationships with the Technologies Enterprise Platforms leadership team, Business Partners, HR, Finance, and other Manager and Director Assistants across the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, work effectively in ambiguous situations, and a willingness to take charge and drive results
- Active listening skills, summarisation skills and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities
- Proven large scale program management, strategic thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com .