You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day
We are looking for a Lead UX Researcher
to lead multiple projects across our digital experiences.
Leads are comfortable working as the primary researcher embedded in a product team, in conjunction with multiple researchers on a project, or collaboratively with our vendor partners to deliver research across the globe. Leads are skilled research evangelisers and often make a deep contribution in an area of their own specialty.
We are a growing team and every one of us is actively contributing to the shape that will take. We are passionate about research that is rigorous and informed by a deep and evolving understanding of human behavior, about continuous learning, and about helping researchers to build amazing careers.
What You Bring
Why American Express?
- You are comfortable analyzing, synthesizing, and reporting on both qualitative and quantitative data.
- You are excited to help product teams to contextualize customer problems and to prioritize what they need to learn in both the short and long term.
- You are eager to bring value in a hybrid model, where some projects are staffed within the team and others are staffed by our partners around the globe, delivering high quality and rigorous research no matter the model
- You are keenly aware of the synergies between UX research and data science and you are either well steeped in or excited to become expert in the ways to bring these two sides of the customer-centered puzzle together.
- You can lead projects and consult with colleagues, helping to educate them on research best practices, taking into account differing levels of experience or understanding, and helping teams to make good use of what they learn through research.
- You have 5+ years of experience in designing and delivering research studies and are ready to share your portfolio of both generative and evaluative work, illustrating your use of a variety of methods and your end-to-end research project responsibility.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- You have 1+ years of actual UX research experience (meaning not just UX/UI design)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.