You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
The BTA (Business Travel Account) team are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Java engineer with an enquiring mind, to help us deliver best in class solutions for T&E competitiveness.
The successful candidate will join an existing agile development scrum team contributing to the building of an exciting transformation platform. The transformation codebase is growing quickly so this position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form good working relationships quickly, and add value by introducing best practice design and development. While Java is the core technology, we are looking for someone who understands a range of associated technologies and has a proven ability to get to grips with new ideas quickly
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Hands-on expertise with Java application design, software development and automated testing
- Core Java (Java 8 minimum, Java 11+ preferred), including Spring, JUnit, BDD/TDD, JQuery, React, Oracle / Postgres DB SQL, Cucumber
- Experience working in an Agile Team
- Has a drive to learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions
- Is open to innovation and experimentation
- Is team-oriented, and a core contributor, enabling the team to be more effective and productive
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to team
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.