The primary responsibility of this position is to participate in the compliance, development, implementation and maintenance of AMEX Assurance Company insurance programs, standards and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal legal/regulatory requirements and internal, corporate policies and procedures.
- Partner and collaborate with business partners to provide thought leadership on regulatory, compliance and corporate matters.
- Review new and updated insurance regulations for impacts to AAC products and processes while partnering with GCO and GC&E on implementation of applicable legislation.
- Support the coordination of responses to external regulatory audits
- Support the coordination of responses to internal reviews (ICT and IAG)
- Maintain AAC Certificates of Authority in 53 US jurisdictions
- AAC Producer Licensing – Business Entities, Vendors and Individual Agents
- AAC Claims Adjuster Licensing - Company and Vendor adjusters
- Prepare and deliver scheduled and ad-hoc state and federal regulatory reporting (Statistical, Data Calls, etc.)
- Review advertising materials, new creation, or reprints that include AAC insurance products
- Approve ad copy that meets requirements and mentions AAC insurance products (i.e., direct mail, website, email, social, MYCA, etc.)
- Assist with other key regulatory requirements and initiatives (Including Corporate/Legal Entity Governance)
- 3-5 years of relative insurance and/or compliance experience preferred
- Proven ability to build, develop and leverage relationships
- Demonstrated track record of strong leadership, integrity and excellence
- Energetic, positive, flexible, and proactive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, resolve issues and deliver outcomes through collaboration
- Team player with a willingness to assist with projects beyond immediate job scope
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Extremely strong organizational and time management skills including attention to detail, handling multiple priorities, managing tight timelines and driving flawless execution
- Ability to identify potential compliance issues, potential root causes, and feasible operational solutions
- Ability to think analytically, communicate complex issues, present analysis and develop recommendations with clarity and professionalism
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade and influence a broad spectrum of constituents at all levels, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Innovative, creative thinker with the ability to think outside the box
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite products
- Insurance certification / designation a plus
- Compliance background a plus
- Project management and/or marketing experience a plus
- BA or BS or equivalent in Business or related field preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law