You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Browser Infrastructure Engineer II
We’re looking for a problem solver who can get results through detailed analysis and programming methodologies. The perfect addition to our team is that individual with a strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation who can convert their ideas into execution especially in relation to the colleague browser experience.
- Performs core technical aspects to supports infrastructure implementations, deployments and technologies related to dynamic infrastructure platforms
- Works on prioritized/assigned features for ongoing sprints
- Contributes to supporting, monitoring, and diagnosing activities relating to Browser Management
- Communicates the status of incidents, preventative solutions, and resolutions to the Product Team/Director
- Assists in the investigation root cause analysis and resolution of problems
- Leads in the development and deployment of preventative maintenance procedures
- Interacts with the product engineering and delivery & integration teams via assigned Pre/Post-Implementation and Retrospectives
- Reviews to ensure quality standards are adhered to during development and implementation
- Contributes to continuous service improvement by maintaining assigned methodologies and knowledge repositories
- This diverse team is global and support our capabilities 24x7! This role requires rotational weekend support.
Education & Experience
- Specific technical knowledge of browser management technologies (Active Directory Group Policy, InTune, Chrome Browser Cloud Management Portal)
- Specific technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Windows 10, Windows Server, MacOS, iOS, Android, VMWare, Citrix, MECM/SCCM, JAMF)
- Core understanding of the tools used in the planning, analyzing, crafting, building, testing, configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Core knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test Driven Development, Waterfall, etc.)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Understanding of software defined networking, automation and orchestration
- Understanding of Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication & authorization systems, Identity and Access Management & Infrastructure Security.
- Understanding of micro services architecture and API concepts.
- Understanding of multi-tier Web application architecture.
- Experience in a production/service/ operation support environment or within a product engineering organization
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL/Tableau
- Experience supporting the full spectrum of browser technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field or equivalent associate degree
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.