You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do! Every day, our technologists enable our customers around the globe to achieve their goals. They design and deliver American Express infrastructure and applications across all markets and business units. To meet these demands, we’re looking for problem solvers who can get results through detailed analysis and programming methodologies, individuals with a strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation, and standout colleagues who can convert their ideas into execution.
- Contributes to supporting, monitoring, diagnosing and debugging of the platform services and its hosted applications and you will design and implement a continuous platform delivery release model which enables high availability of services during platform releases and upgrades.
- Communicates the status of incidents, preventative solutions, and resolutions to the Service Delivery Manager/Director.
- Leads core support to Service Delivery initiatives and meets the agreed quality standards of documentation and reporting.
- Assists in the investigation root cause analysis and resolution of problems.
- Leads in the development and deployment of preventative maintenance procedures.
- Leads Disaster Recovery Testing.
- Interacts with the product engineering and delivery & integration teams via assigned Retrospectives/Post-Implementation.
- Reviews to ensure quality standards are adhered to during development and implementation.
- Contributes to continuous service improvement by maintaining assigned methodologies and knowledge repositories
- Contributes with hands on proven skills for all the activities performed.
- This diverse team is global and support our capabilities 24x7! This role requires rotational weekend support.
- 6 years of work experience in a production/service/ operation support environment or within a product engineering organization as an Engineer.
- Experience with supporting servers and application performance with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Open Tracing, Splunk, Dynatrace, AppDynamics or any other open-source tools.
- Hands on experience to build Splunk dashboards, self-healing scripts, and knowledge of F5 API.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Operations processes
- Knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field or equivalent associate degree.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written!
- Experience in Open-source technology like JWT concepts, Open Tracing, Open Telemetry and ELK.
- Understanding of Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication & authorization systems, Identity and Access Management & Infrastructure Security.
- Understanding of Cloud stack and common issue & resolution and migration of Apps from VM stack to Cloud.
- Understanding of micro services architecture and API concepts.
- Understanding of Web application architecture.
Life at American Express
Our employees and their families feel supported at every stage of their lives. We provide resources and benefits that help support their physical, financial and emotional well-being, such as our award-winning global corporate wellness program, Healthy Living, and many others including: 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave (to be eligible, employees must complete at least on year of continuous service immediately prior to the birth or placement of the child), Health (dental and vision) and Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with match. Some of our roles even offer flexible work arrangements so you can work how it makes sense for you, without ever compromising quality.
Creating an inclusive culture is both a part of who we are and what we do together. We value and embrace the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. Through our 15 Colleague Networks, participants can broaden their associations with other employees while expanding their knowledge of the business.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”