You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back .
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This Tech Operational Excellence role has the responsibility for overseeing the reporting and analytics in the issue management function and events. The team provides end-to-end resolution, oversight, and governance for all Operational Risk Events and Corrective Action Plans including strengthening the control environment while enabling growth and ensuring flawless customer experiences. The reporting analyst role will analyze, build, report and monitor the process and will help drive efficiency in the process.
Analyze, build, report and monitor defined metrics to support the Technology Operational Excellence Issue Management process.
- Working and supporting the monthly Technology Business Unit Review, metrics, escalations, adhoc requests and Issue Management process.
- Managing and supporting the daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting
- Setting the strategic tone by Team assessing process needs and developing relevant analytical solutions.
- Conceptualize and implement control reporting when needed.
- Perform thematic analysis to identify trends and reporting gaps, drive insights, process research create reporting and tracking actions against process.
- A proven ability to analyze large sets of data to report critical information.
- Assist with implementing key initiatives to achieve the objectives of the unit.
- Work closely with internal colleagues to produce Senior Leadership level reporting
- Ensure timely deliverables and tasks and timeliness.
- Flexibility and a sense of urgency to support urgent critical reports tasks and needs.
- Strong Leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to influence, communicate, and drive results at the peer level and above.
- Strong time management skills and a proven ability to consistently deliver on preset timelines, despite conflicting priorities.
- Ability to drive result and work independently as well as be a team player.
- Methodical, structured and organized
- Competent use of Microsoft tools (Excel and PowerPoint) including Pivot Tables and Macros/automation
- Knowledge of Microsoft power apps, power automation, SharePoint
- Experience with Tableau and Functions to analyze and present data
Knowledge of Platforms/Applications:
- Graduate / Postgraduate with 2-3 years of experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Tableau, Archer, Advanced Excel,
- Power App, Power Automate, Share point Designer
- Certification in SQL, Tableau
- Booming would be a plus