You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex
, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.Role and Responsibilities:
Are you interested in protecting American Express card members from fraud? Would you enjoy stopping fraudsters? How about helping card members by educating them about scams, phishing, and other security concerns?
If so, Global Fraud Protection Services is searching for candidates like you as an Account Protection Specialist. Our Fraud teams are responsible for protecting new and existing customers against potential identity theft and fraudulent applications. This isn’t just for card accounts either, as the team oversees all products in the American Express portfolio. It’s an exciting opportunity as there is always something more to learn and do to protect our customers.
Successful Account Protection Specialists are proficient at:
- Listening to and connecting with the customer
- Exercising sound judgment in a world that is gray vs. black/white
- Delivering excellent service even when sharing a difficult message
- Thinking analytically with strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Empathizing with and educating fraud victims
- Driving innovation and change by identifying trends and flagging opportunities for better servicing and reducing fraud
- Receiving and incorporating feedback to continuously improve
- 2 or more years of Fraud and/or Customer Service experience
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems while simultaneously interacting with the customer
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to effectively manage change and remain calm in stressful situations
Fraud’s business hours are 5am-10pm (MST) 7 days a week
. If you are resilient with the desire to continually improve personal performance, customer satisfaction and business brand, we invite you to apply.
Though these positions will start out in a virtual capacity, all positions will be located on-site
at 18550 N. 56th St, Phoenix, AZ 85054.
Target start date is July 12, 2021.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.