The Accounting Analyst of Asset-backed Securitization (“ABS”) is a key position within Global Treasury Controllership. ABS provides one of the primary funding sources for American Express. American Express periodically securitizes Card Member receivables and loans arising from its card business through the transfer of those assets to securitization trusts. The trusts then issue securities to third-party investors, collateralized by the transferred assets.
The ABS Controllership team is responsible for the accounting, cash management, controls, and SEC & Trust Investor reporting requirements to help support this vital funding source for American Express. The team is committed to excellence, talent development, encouraging work/life balance, and timely recognition of team members.
This position will perform accounting, reporting, and analysis for the ABS Trusts. The ABS Accounting & Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the key deliverables for the trusts, including daily settlement activity and the monthly reporting. Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform cash settlement activities within the ABS system (ABS Suite), including but not limited to daily cash settlement
- Perform accounting activities, including daily accounting, ABS model updates, documentation of key processes, and balance checks
- Prepare monthly trust servicer report within ABS Suite, and responsible for the filing
- Perform reporting activities, including regulatory submissions, intercompany balance reporting, financial submissions, SEC reporting, and monthly reconciliations
- Ensure a strong internal control environment including SOX and other controls & compliance
- Provide support for automation of ABS processes, and become SME for ABS Suite to support business initiatives / key projects
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc data submission to the business and Finance leadership in a standardized and intuitive manner
- Support automation of ABS processes, and the evolution of optimization and standardization for the asset-backed securitization process including working closely with treasury, legal, technology, Bank and other business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years experience in finance and/or accounting
- Demonstrated process improvement capabilities
- Strong collaborative and relationship skills and experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ability to analyze results and data to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- MBA or Master’s degree
- CPA or equivalent
- Prior public accounting experience
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in securitization
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.