The Business Unit FP&A (BU FP&A) in Corporate Planning was established to centralize financial planning and analysis activities across American Express. This position is a critical part of the team that is responsible for the design and development new Dashboards through multiple reporting tools including (OBIEE, Tableau and TM1) for the Finance organization. The role will also work closely with Technologies to develop the data model and support the testing and validation of these dashboards.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Design and develop Dashboards and reports that will be used by Finance to analyze the results across business segments for American Express
- Work closely with Technologies and assist in the definition and translation of business use cases to technical user stories
- Assist in the resolution of issues related to the Dashboards including coordinating resolution in case of issues and changes, working in coordination with immediate team members as well as other groups
- Maintain the current reporting platform through continuous review of dashboards and reports for relevance
- Support the development of controls and governance for the platform and help implement it across the organization
- Manage financial processes spanning across multiple Business Units including one or more elements of Reporting, Planning & Forecasting, or Investment Optimization by leveraging IBM Cognos TM1 (Planning Analytics) platform and its capabilities.
- Partner with Technology team during platform upgrades to ensure that there is no business interruptions due system downtime
- Perform reporting tool reviews to provide product recommendations
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Experience with Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), BI Publisher or other BI tools is desired
- Experience with analytical and programming toolsets (e.g. SQL, Hive, YellowBrick, HTML) is desired
- Project experience, of designing, building, managing technology solutions for finance processes particularly using IBM Cognos TM1 with emphasis on problem solving, data integrity and automation is desired. Experience in build & support of Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW) reports & Dashboards is also desired.
- Experience with American Express accounting and reporting processes, including Metrics, Financials and Management Reporting, is desired
- Experience working on a globally and culturally diverse team and supporting global processes
- Strong team player who can not only facilitate collaboration but can also step up and lead
- Ability to handle a high-pressure environment and make decisions in challenging situations
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to drive large scale change
- Creative mindset; comfort working in undefined space and seizing new opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.