“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
One App is the open source, enterprise web framework that powers American Express’s digital experiences. It’s a fresh take on web application development which consists of a Node.js server that serves up a single page app built using React components and makes use of Holocron, our open source library for building and composing microfrontends) to allow for code splitting via independently developed, tested, and deployed Holocron Modules (microfrontends).
Our goal is to provide a web application framework for building fast, scalable, secure, and modular experiences. Leaving the tooling to us so our users can focus on what matters - delivering performant, maintainable digital experiences.
- Developing an open source, enterprise web framework
- Providing support for said framework to 1,000+ engineers, including training
- Participating in the design of intuitive, functional and extensible APIs
- Building cross platform components and libraries for future reuse and open source
- Optimizing software for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers as well as servers.
- Automating builds, testing, deployments and otherwise manual processes
- Reviewing pull requests
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- Ability & aptitude for solving complex problems with simple solutions
- Communication skills to teach users, both in writing and speaking
- Knowledge of Accessibility and Web Standards
- Understanding of React
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience writing automated tests including unit & integration testing.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Has existing OSS contributions or created libraries that work outside of their application
- Groovy experience is a plus
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”