“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
How we serve our customers is constantly evolving and is a challenge we gladly accept. Whether you’re finding new ways to prevent identity fraud or enabling customers to start a new business, you can work with one of the most valuable data sets in the world to identify insights and actions that can have a meaningful impact on our customers and our business. And, with opportunities to learn from leaders who have defined the course of our industry, you can grow your career and define your own path.
The Global Commercial Analytics (GCA) team – a part of Global Strategy & Operations, GCS – is the analytical engine that enables the Global Commercial Card business. The team enables commercial businesses by providing actionable insights to drive business strategy and growth. This is an outstanding opportunity in a high visibility role that will work very closely with commercial organization to provide meaningful analytics and actionable insights that help in creating growth strategies.
This B40 role, based out of New York, would be a part of GCA team would be responsible for US Commercial Customer Spend Engagement and Retention Analytics, in close partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders in the US. The incumbent would lead a team with presence is NY, PHX and Gurgaon (India).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Spearheading analytics to drive Triggers strategy comprising spend engagement and retention
- Drive multiple strategic growth priorities like Supplier Payments on Card, Organic Decline & Losses and Early engagement.
- Support and enable the GCS partners with actionable, insightful analytical solutions to help the leadership team evaluate and drive business performance.
- Partner with functional leaders, Strategic Business Partners and Senior leaders to assess and identify opportunities for better customer engagement, and revenue growth
- Comfortable leading a team through ambiguity and creating structure and strategies in white space. Provide Thought Leadership in guiding the team as well as day to day problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
- Exceptional execution skills – be able to resolve issues, identify opportunities, and define success metrics and make things happen. Drive Automation and ongoing refinement of analytical frameworks.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo; breakthrough thinking to generate insights, alternatives and opportunities for business success
- Strong people leader who can lead, motivate, and coach the team and is able to foster a collaborative team environment. Prioritizing efforts to help the team focus on the most impactful opportunities.
- MBA or a Master's Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Economics).
- At least 7 years of relevant work-experience.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to apply both quantitative methods and business skills to create insights and drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with business partners, functional owners, capabilities, technology teams and external vendors.
- Strong programming skills are preferred. Experience with Big Data programming is a plus.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.