American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast-growing business. The Pricing, Performance & Insights (PP&I) team within GCS, is instrumental in leading data driven insights to elevate customer engagement, accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth for the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across multiple geographies, lead the Commercial Business Research and Analytics team, support our Foreign Currency Solutions (FC$) business and own the Signings Review processes across all International markets. This role will report to the VP of PP&I International and will play a critical role in supporting the development of International.
This role will enhance the business decision-making process by providing insightful and analytical recommendations across the International organization to drive business growth by highlighting trends, risks and opportunities across the globe. The individual will also be responsible for supporting global standardization efforts in reporting and processes, developing, and implementing process improvements, and driving automation to gain efficiencies across core activities and functions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Driving thought leadership on strategic business initiatives and developing actionable insights
- Liaising with international teams to understand, share and implement best practices
- Overseeing the creation of management reporting, planning and performance measurements
- Consulting and collaborating with Sales and Account Development teams, internal business partners (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Pricing, Risk) and other SME’s to analyze and lead strategic business initiatives to drive performance and profitability improvements
- Support the Foreign Currency Solutions GM and LT team by identifying and implementing process improvement that will enhance productivity, time to market, accuracy and reduce costs while also leading end-to-end change management initiatives to support long term business goal achievement and efficiency gains
- For the Foreign Currency Solutions Non-Prop team set and manage Planning Exercise, Field Targets and Portfolios. Collaborate with GBS on the Scorecard design to drive motivated behavior from field teams and elevate the customer experience
- Lead a team of data scientists on researching, analyzing, and modeling data to identify opportunities to drive business growth and profitability. Guiding them on how to navigate across the enterprise to leverage Amex tools and software while partnering with key stakeholders
- Lead the International Signings performance process to ensure sales compliance according to Regional Rules of Engagement and Sales Incentives Plans, with the ability to identify market and Field teams’ nuances to drive and evolve strategy
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication and Build relationships: Superior ability to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various audiences/levels within the organization. Ability to view contrary perspectives, negotiate and gain agreement while building and maintaining relationships.
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams and work across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes
- Experienced People Leader: Proven ability to attract, develop and lead a high performing and engaged team; ability to manage within a matrixed environment
- Ability to oversee a program that promotes issue identification and resolution; stakeholder management and alignment; incorporates risk mitigation planning/execution; and provides solutions to address business transformation, strategic alignment and culture change
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build alignment among customers and key stakeholders
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Proven ability to take decisions and deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated will-to-win and high personal excellence
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management tools (I.E. SFDC, other), as well as statistical software programming (i.e. SAS, SQL) or equivalent would be beneficial
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.