You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
Do you see data or a better way to improve business and lives?
Today, there’s a business advantage hiding in plain sight, and you’ll find it in data. Our Data Engineers know how to use the latest technology to design, evaluate, debug and manage the data that leads to better decisions, a stronger company, and higher customer satisfaction. So if you’re not intimidated by the data explosion, engineer your career here.
We are looking for a technically oriented database developers with good programming skills (Java/Python) and a keen interest in DevOps tooling for database design and development activities. The Engineer will support database related DevOps automation initiatives and also have the opportunity to work on large business critical database development projects.
The successful candidate will be familiar with working within a DevOps environment with knowledge of Python/Java as well as experience of both RDBMS and NoSQL Databases. Additional technical skills of designing or developing RDBMS or NoSql Databases would be an advantage. You should have an interest to learn and adapt new technology according to needs. The bulk of the work will be to related to supporting Database development and promotion into Production.
The ideal candidate will have :
- Exposure to supporting DevOps automation in the database space. Familiarity with products such as Jenkins, Ansible, Grafana, Splunk and Github are advantageous
- Hands-on experience with Database design on RDBMS databases and ideally NoSQL databases
- High level experience with DB Performance Tuning, Query Optimization & Troubleshooting
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and Java
- Knowledge of database build automation techniques (e.g. Liquibase, XLR)
- Knowledge of data processing paradigms such as ETL, ELT, replication
- Working within an agile Framework
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstratable experience of DevOps in the field including automation and virtualization
- A background in Database Development ideally with RDBMS(i.e. PostgreSQL/Oracle) and NoSql(i.e. Couchbase, Cassandra)
- Python and/and Java programming programming skills
- Experience of cloud Architecture
- Good communications and documentation skills
- The ability to work as part of a team in an agile environment
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com .