You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Would you like to work providing support to our highest billing European merchants? Do you like working in a multicultural, fast paced environment? If you are passionate about customer service, and looking to develop your career within American Express, then Premium merchant servicing is for you.
The merchant Premium Servicing looks after the operational requests and relationships for some of our largest and most prestigious Merchant accounts across EMEA.
The positions are to predominantly cover our Spanish, French, German and UK top Merchants base, providing a premium service to both Merchants and Client Managers.
We are looking for a French fluent or native speaker. You will be responsible for servicing our merchants by email mainly in your primary language and in English for our Uk portfolio.
- Deliver consistently strong service by having a Customer First mindset, reinforcing our brand value in every interaction and channel.
- Speak positively to enhance awareness of the Merchant Value Proposition and to support the brand, all within the Customer First ethos.
- Work closely with our Client Manager colleagues, maintaining, nurturing and growing these relationships.
- Investigate and resolve disputed transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide extraordinary Customer First focus to large merchants by accurately and efficiently completing merchant requests.
- Grow and nurture customer relationships on every interaction that results in measurable Customer value and loyalty.
- Deliver extraordinary results measured by customer satisfaction, effectiveness, efficiency and quality.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The role will be based at our Brighton office. There may be a period of temporarily working from home depending on UK COVID-19 restrictions in place and American Express workplace safety requirements. In order to accommodate any period of working from home, the minimum requirements are:
Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable, fibre, optic services. A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background nose or other distractions. Work at home is only temporary and as soon as it’s safe, you will be asked to return to the office site.
Not local to Brighton?
We appreciate your willingness to relocate within the UK
to meet business needs along with growing and developing your career, so we are able to help you with dedicated support and a domestic relocation package.
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Excellent written & spoken French
- Customer service experience with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, relationship building, and creative problem-solving
- Merchant Services knowledge a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast paced metric driven environment
- Eager to find customised solutions and demonstrated organisational skills
- Strong analytical and collaboration skills
- Proven time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, flexibility and able to work with strict deadline
- Proven ability to be self-directed with excellent follow through
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of internal clients
- Demonstrates the ability to improve processes
- Ability to leverage relationships and work across the organisation to resolve servicing concerns driven by other internal departments
- Ability to Investigate and resolve disputed transactions in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong knowledge on MI (Merchant Interactive platform) is highly beneficial
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org .