You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
As part of Global Partner and Premium Servicing, the Terminal Enablement Team are responsible for driving card acceptance through the initialisation of Merchant Point of Sale terminals. In order to achieve this, you will be managing terminal set ups, troubleshooting issues and making outbound calls to our network of Merchants and terminal providers in Belgium.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Managing daily case inventory to exceed Case Resolution Time targets to benefit both the business area and the Merchant.
- Setting up new terminals and confirming that Amex is connected.
- Preparing for an outbound call by completing terminal status checks on internal platforms (MTMD), external platforms (WLPFO) and through direct contact with the terminal provider/partner bank.
- Working with the Merchant to perform diagnostics on POS Terminals in accordance with the steps required for the type of terminal the Merchant owns. The required outcome of these calls is to ensure the Merchant can accept the American Express Card.
- Investigating and resolving terminal issues reported to the team via our business partners.
- You will also be required to liaise with our Partners/Terminal Owners in order to resolve various POS issues.
- As well as resolving Technical issues, the successful candidate will be able to reinforce the American Express Premium Value Proposition, enforcing the mutually beneficial relationship with our Merchants, adding value in each interaction by highlighting competitive pricing and speed of pay structure, and ensuring our Merchants understand the value of acceptance. Candidate success will be measured via Voice of the Customer metrics.
- You will also be dealing with escalations from internal and external Customers, via calls that have been received into our Telephone Service Centre or via Sales/CLM teams.
- Continuous process improvement by identifying and driving down bad demand/increasing initialisation rates.
The role will be based at our Brighton office. There may be a period of temporarily working from home depending on UK COVID-19 restrictions in place and American Express workplace safety requirements. In order to accommodate any period of working from home, the minimum requirements are:
Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable, fibre, optic services. A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background nose or other distractions. Work at home is only temporary and as soon as it’s safe, you will be asked to return to the office site.
Not local to Brighton?
We appreciate your willingness to relocate within the UK to meet business needs along with growing and developing your career, so we are able to help you with dedicated support and a domestic relocation package.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they have the following essential core skills and proven abilities:
- Ability to utilise multiple tools and technology in a Technical servicing environment
- Excellent communicator at all levels - both written and verbal as you will be managing a high level of email communications.
- Experience in a Servicing/Customer Service environment
- Proactive approach and can-do attitude.
- Self motivated
- Highly organised.
- Personal pride in driving results and achieving daily targets.
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Fluent in French, spoken and written.
- Additional language: Dutch/Flemish is desirable.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.