You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Your role is to provide excellent levels of service to American Express’ German speaking Merchants as well as providing internal support. You will be supporting a range of services by swiftly and accurately responding to phone calls from our customers, making it easy to do business with us, while solving customer issues and celebrating their value to us.
As a fluent German speaker, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering outstanding service in every interaction and leaving a lasting positive impression by utilising our Customer First servicing ethos
- Respond quickly and accurately to Merchant customer questions and issues via phone
- Own issues to the point of resolution
- Offer Merchant customers unique solutions
- Managing a workflow in line with departmental and individual goals and to departmental quality standards
- Ensuring clients are re-educated where necessary regarding use of online services
- We do what's right - With a curious mind to always do better you will suggest new ways to improve processes and customer care.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Work Location:
The role will be based at our Brighton office. There may be a period of temporarily working from home depending on UK COVID-19 restrictions in place and American Express workplace safety requirements. In order to accommodate any period of working from home, the minimum requirements are:
Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable, fibre, optic services. A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background nose or other distractions. Work at home is only temporary and as soon as it’s safe, you will be asked to return to the office site.
Not local to Brighton?
We appreciate your willingness to relocate within the UK to meet business needs along with growing and developing your career, so we are able to help you with dedicated support and a domestic relocation package.
We are looking for individuals who can speak and write fluently in both German and English and who are able to bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced metric driven environment with proficient multi-tasking skills
- Confident and energetic in your approach
- Motivated and committed to serve customers - offering an outstanding customer experience is your key driver
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills together with active listening skills
- Reliable - your team members can count upon you
- Pro-actively seeks opportunities for improvement
- Solution orientated
- Merchant experience is desirable
- It is essential you are fluent in German and English language - written and verbal
Please note we will require candidates to have 'Pre Settled' or 'Settled Status' if you are not a citizen of the United Kingdom.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.