You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express is a global financial services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Digital acquisition is one of Amex’s top priorities. Core to delivering on this priority are loan, banking and payment application and onboarding experiences that enable our customers to apply for our products with the least amount of effort, wherever and however they choose to apply. In addition to an enormous emphasis on users and usability, our team is responsible for growing new accounts acquired and accounts receivable, by increasing application completions and approvals.
We are looking for a passionate, talented and adaptable product leader to craft and deliver the global acquisition vision for American Express Commercial Loan, Banking and Payment products.
In this role, you will set the vision and strategy and deliver the roadmap for application experience, orchestration and onboarding for these products. You will lead a high-performing and nimble team of product managers, and partner with Technology, UX Design, UX Research, Analytics teams, to enable this vision that will directly contribute to the success of our company. You have a real passion for using technology to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems, for bold decision-making, and for digital innovation. You enjoy being challenged and being part of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive team, and you seek every opportunity to learn.
Does this sound like you?
You will be responsible for:
- Defining product vision, strategy and roadmap for your products
- Owning key stakeholder relationships across marketing and program management
- Owning product discovery by forming hypotheses, defining objectives and key results, and assessing options that best balance cost-benefit to achieve defined outcomes
- Defining MVPs to meet strategic business outcomes while balancing innovation and efficiency
- Identifying opportunities to reduce friction, increase automation and drive up approval rates to generate incremental revenue via product enhancements and continuous experimentation, in partnership with analytics and UX research teams
- Improving efficiency, scale and time-to-market by leveraging and enhancing our global platform architecture, in partnership with technology and other acquisition product teams
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of Product Managers
- Leading Agile Release Train by prioritizing discovery outcomes and development feature backlog
- Partnering with Solution Managers to define scalable solutions that meet current and future product needs
We are looking for:
- Delivering your goals and outcomes throughout the product lifecycle, partnering with Release Train Engineer to manage cross-team dependencies
- Improving efficiency of planning and delivery by contributing to process and working practice improvements
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Extensive Product Management experience in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to craft, drive, and maintain a product vision, strategy and prioritized backlog
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Able to simplify complex ideas, navigate cross-functional teams and build relationships, influence decisions, and deliver on shared objectives
- Ability to coach and motivate a product team and foster a diverse and inclusive team culture, encouraging input and from all team members
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and processes to identify creative solutions and drive incremental improvement
- Ability to self-start, carve opportunities out of ambiguity, and operate with a high degree of independence
- Experience running cross-team Discovery for new products and product enhancements is a plus
- Experience working in a regulated environment with an understanding of compliance, control, data governance and integrity processes is a plus
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Ability to delegate effectively and empower and support decision-making