You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
We are recruiting for a Business Analyst position with American Express. This is a high visibility role to deliver operational support, performance analytics and business insights for the Global Commercial Payments Europe division of American Express. The role sits within the Pricing, Performance & Insights organisation (PPI). The wider PPI team is specifically responsible for a wide range of functions including performance reporting, incentive payments and providing analytics and insights to drive the performance of the Global Commercial Payments Europe organisation (~600 sales and account managers).
The PPI Business Analyst role reports to the Manager of Performance Analytics and Insights. S/He will be someone with strong quantitative, analytical and data-modelling skills, who will create and refine methodologies / models / processes for target-setting & performance reviews, and investigation & resolution of issues affecting the timely and accurate delivery of the above. S/He must be able to effectively communicate often complex ideas to audiences who have different levels of seniority and expertise, and whose first language may not be English.
In order to fulfil duties, the Business Analyst will work closely with Salespeople in the Field, local market Business Planners and technology support groups, as well as Finance and market General Managers. At times the volume of work can be very high and the deadlines very tight, so the analyst should be capable of staying calm and positive, and producing accurate work while under pressure.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the relationship with the field (sales and account managers)
- Ownership of managing queries reported by Sales managers related to targets and tracking of their performance, scorecards and incentive payments. The analyst takes the lead in issue resolution, sourcing input as required from other PPI team-members, technology support groups and the Field.
- Project Management - Creation / Enhancement of methodologies, models and templates to help senior leaders set annual targets for the Field and to make recommendations on individual scorecard goal ratings (both at mid-year and year-end).
- Consolidate disparate data sets across multiple markets, to form useful information
- Bring insight through interpreting business performance trends through the provision of meaningful data and analytics.
- Working with analytical partners across the globe to leverage best practices in reporting and metric design to drive business effectiveness
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proactive approach, willingness and ability to innovate to deliver new insights, new tools and process efficiencies
- Ability to build a strong internal network and deliver at the highest level
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to create clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations to senior leadership
- Commercial awareness, with a good understanding of business needs, levers, concerns and trends
- Excellent time management skills, above all having demonstrated focus and success at meeting deadlines, and ability to work under pressure
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with the ability to manage, manipulate and analyse complex data
- Advanced MS Excel essential, SQL, SAS/ Enterprise Guide is a must, Python and Tableau are beneficial
- Complex problem-solving skills, with regards to identifying and diagnosing data issues when they arise
- Good eye for detail
- A capable team player but able to work independently and on own initiative
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Fluent in English
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org .