“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Enterprise Platforms Loyalty and Benefits organization is looking for a talented and motivated product owner to build a next generation promotional platform with a focus on site reliability engineering principals. It is imperative to meet the regulatory and compliance requirements for this high-volume application while creating incredible value for our cardholders and partner merchants. This next generation platform is designed with efficiency, stability, and adaptability in mind in order to create a product that is agile, cost effective, and has incredible speed to market. As an Associate Product Manager, you will work closely with Senior Product Managers to develop the strategy and roadmap for this product and lead the execution of associated projects in partnership with engineering teams across the Global Loyalty and Benefits organization. The ideal candidate will have experience or knowledge with agile software design methodologies, core site reliability engineering (SRE) concepts, general corporate IT infrastructure, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with internal and external stakeholders.
In partnership with SRE engineering teams, your role will be to manage a roadmap of SRE related development items for the core platform. You will work with business partners, product support teams, product development teams, and operations to define and prioritize features to improve platform health, availability, scalability, and reliability to meet the requirements of the business. You will work within a fast-paced environment where your decisions will help define the future of Amex’s Loyalty and Benefits offerings. Additional key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with architects, engineers, and operations team, creating and maintaining a feature backlog of SRE enhancements, including tooling, test environment enhancements, and other core SRE design principals
- Working closely with business stakeholders to understand pain points and coordinating with developers to build controls and alerts
- Prioritizing investments in comprehensive, generalized tooling and automation
- Standardizing services on supported libraries, infrastructure, and system designs
- Scaling the platform to support the processing of millions of daily transactions
- Participating in and supporting of agile practices and ceremonies to reinforce the agile transformation of the delivery team
- Communicating and building consensus across multiple teams in creating solutions to address business needs
- Moving products from new ideas to proof of concept and on to full featured scalable technology solutions.
- Building and actively managing a product backlog of features and capabilities that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business teams.
- Managing work allocation of scrum teams by translating features into prioritized user stories in coordination with other Product Managers
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- 2+ years of software product management and delivery or experience working with a SRE scrum team to deliver a software product roadmap
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage several discrete streams of work simultaneously
- A desire to continuously learn about internal systems and new technologies to be able to understand and suggest enhancements to current and planned system expansion
- A solid understanding of SRE design principals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate at a technical or summary level depending on target audience
- Familiarity with agile and scrum development methodologies
- The ability to facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders with peer, architects, business stakeholders, and engineers
- Knowledge of financial services or credit card processing is desirable
- Knowledge of Loyalty Programs and associated products is desirable.
- Experience working with or leading SRE teams highly desirable
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field, or equivalent work experience in a software or financial industry
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”