American Express Savings is an online direct bank that offers online FDIC-insured High-Yield Savings Accounts and Certificates of Deposit directly to consumers. The business has grown to over $60BN of direct deposits since launch. The company is investing to continue growing direct deposits as stable, diversified sources of funding for the company’s businesses through differentiated, convenient deposit products and experiences that help customers achieve their savings aspirations in a unified digital Membership experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated, aspiring product professional to join the Savings Product Management and Customer Experience team. Our team is accountable for driving business outcomes through a customer-centric product roadmap and managing the end-to-end customer experience across all product features, functionality and channels, ensuring that the customer is central to every part of our business. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to manage and deliver the Amex Savings mobile check deposit feature, as well as the opportunity to work with one or more product managers to deliver other priority banking features across the customer lifecycle.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing central product leadership of the mobile check deposit feature for Amex Savings
- Gathering product requirements and aligning them with business goals
- Coordinating with stakeholders to achieve the product vision
- Collecting quantitative product data and metrics to inform decision making
- Conducting external research and synthesizing into insights and benchmarking
- Defining and maintaining a product backlog of product ideas, features, ways to improve the user experience
- Defining and drafting new product features and customer journeys
- Working with call center partners to identify opportunities and train phone reps
- Partnering with engineering and channel teams on the build and delivery of new features and functionality
- Participating in user acceptance testing and the definition of test case scenarios
- Managing the go-to-market coordination for launching new features
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- 2-3 years’ experience working with a digital product or online user experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and translate them into business requirements
- Analytical skills and comfort working with data and conducting research
- Strong communications skills and ability to present information to different audience levels
- Comfortable with ambiguity, managing change, and multiple priorities under time constraints
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs and requests and make informed decisions
- Ability to function well in complex and cross-functional organizational structures
- Strong interpersonal skills, assertive yet collaborative to engage and influence others
- Experience with digital banking and money movement capabilities, preferred
- Experience using Agile methodology, writing features and user stories, preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.