Analyst – Retail & Online Marketing
Global Merchant Services (GMS) Marketing & Analytics is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing & Analytics is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate Merchant acceptance and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to Merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of Merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
This exciting opportunity is on the Custom Consulting team within the GMS Marketing & Analytics organization focusing on Amex Offers, marketing partnerships and insights. This team drives tremendous value to the broader Merchant Services organization by effectively engaging the merchant base and delivering impactful digital marketing partnerships.
This marketing analyst role will partner directly with our Marketing Consultants to support merchant partnerships, with a particular focus on Retail Insights and Amex Offers for prioritized merchant partners. This candidate will be responsible for driving multiple projects, including marketing execution, results tracking and analysis, and budget/invoice management.
The primary merchant clients for the team are Retail and Online brands including Amazon, Dell, Wayfair, Walmart, Pet Smart, Shutterfly, Boxed and Staples, among others.
Key areas of focus:
- Ensuring the flawless business operations of selling, setting up and delivering Amex Offers marketing engagements with merchant clients
- Helping drive strategic initiatives and special projects for leadership including setting sales targets, analyzing the portfolio for risk, and crafting product roadmap for enhancements to Amex Offers channels
- Project management launch of new feature capabilities, including partnering with Marketing Consultants and other internal stakeholders to build pipeline and provide campaign execution support
- Supporting analytics requests for business insights projects, merchant proposals and business performance reviews
- Serving as a subject matter expert to the broader organization of Marketing Consultants
- BA/BS preferred with 2+ years of professional work experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, as well as comfort with, and interest in, analytics and problem solving
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast, high-energy environment
- Experience working in program management and end-to-end project management
- Experience with results tracking and analysis, invoicing and/or budget management
- Positive and professional attitude; willingness to pitch in and go above and beyond
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.