The Global Client Group in Merchant Services is responsible for managing some of American Express’ largest and most strategic merchant relationships. The Analyst position will be responsible for driving the day-to-day support of the Global Client Management team within Merchant Services and take on functional responsibilities for the broader team. Specifically, this role will be responsible for supporting account owners and merchants across the travel industry vertical.
This position provides an opportunity to develop a broad knowledge of the Merchant Services business, gain experience working as part of global organization as well as insight into our Global Client management function. He/she will report into a Director.
- Manage the Pricing and Operational (hierarchy) relationships for GCG Client Management Travel vertical.
- Identify and Lead opportunities for improvement across pricing and operational processes, such as OptBlue and international banking partners.
- Key manager in global pricing workstream to problem solve and lead improvements, partnering with several key stakeholders, including senior leaders.
- Develop and Lead Monthly lodging new affiliation pricing review process.
- Manage the Global pricing review tool and audits for travel portfolio.
- Support rate implementation process for portfolio, including pulling Charge Volume reports.
- Share and leverage best practices across the global team.
- Play an active role in the team, contributing ideas and recommendations to drive process improvement and efficiencies.
- Finance/ operations background.
- Communication, collaboration, and E2E project management skills.
- Proven problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven ability to learn business systems, including reporting and CRM tools.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to drive results working across multiple partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills especially for Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2+ years of similar work experience.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.