The Analyst/ Sr Analyst, Customer Growth Forecasting, Reporting & Insights will join a group of talented, passionate marketers rallied behind goals to leverage the customer as a platform for growth driving revenue generating treatments to hit aggressive growth targets. This Analyst will be primarily responsible for forecasting, budget management and tracking investment performance to support key marketing channels within Consumer Marketing. He/she will have the opportunity to communicate regularly with senior level executives and influence forecast and investment decisions.
In addition, this role provides a great opportunity to gain exposure to Marketing strategies and initiatives, and the drivers of results/growth. The Analyst will provide consultative support to the leadership team through strategic analytics to highlight trends, risks and opportunities. The individual will be expected to recommend insightful, actionable and sustainable business solutions to drive profitable spend through data driven insights and strategic initiatives.
- Manage goal setting, forecasting and performance outlooks within Customer Growth supporting key marketing channels
- End-to-end ownership of developing forecasts (process, data and assumption quality, leadership alignment) with a focus on driving investment efficiency
- Perform business modeling and detailed forecasting of expenses: annual budgets and monthly outlooks to support the business make strategic funding decisions
- Analyze information received from marketers, along with trends and business drivers to calculate risks and opportunities and deliver a monthly forecast
- Track investment performance via various reporting tools/dashboards
- Closely monitor performance and analyze what is working / not working by partnering with Marketing to understand key drivers of performance
- Partner closely with Finance to align on outlook for funding and KPIs
- Translate results/drivers into useful insights and actionable recommendations (trends, growth opportunities)
- Coordinate Marketing budgets and funding requests
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership and drive strategic projects that improve processes across the organization
Why American Express
Superior analytical skills – ability to analyze/understand large data sets, synthesize and draw out relevant insights
Very strong aptitude with Excel – formulas, pivot tables, macros. v-lookups
Extreme attention to detail and accuracy – strong sense of responsibility
Solid project management skills – demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
Excellent relationship building skills – enjoys working as part of a larger team and fostering relationships
Strong communication and presentation skills – equally capable of interacting with peers and senior leaders
Comfortable with changing priorities and able to remain calm / flexible under pressure
Analytic or data management programming experience a plus
Highly accountable and committed
Able to excel in a dynamic and demanding environment, positive mindset for tackling challenges
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
New York, NY
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.