American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. An engine of commerce, American Express provides innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Most of all, we help our customers realize their dreams and aspirations through industry-leading benefits, access to unique experiences, business-building insights, and global customer care. We enable our customers to do and achieve more.
We believe there’s no better way to achieve your own potential than by working with a company that helps other people achieve theirs. At American Express, you’ll be encouraged to push yourself, take smart risks and collaborate across the company. If you want more than just a job, are not afraid of embracing challenges and are passionate about what you do for a living, join our team today!
The Global Merchant and Network Services (GM&NS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant Discount Revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the optimal pricing to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive GMS revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
The Financial Analyst of Planning & Analysis - Global is responsible for the forecasting and reporting of merchant discount revenue. It provides a unique opportunity to have impact across multiple businesses and segments by balancing the organization’s goal for profitable charge volume and merchant expansion; essential to the strength of our business.
- Create a consolidated forecast for the Latin American markets discount revenue and track monthly performance against forecast and identify drivers of variance
- Track negotiations discount rate impacts against our discount rate forecast to inform decision making
- Create merchant discount revenue scorecards for the Latin America region
- Drive standardization and process improvement among the different regional pricing teams for all reporting and forecasting related activities
- Collaborate with other members of the Planning team to drive standardized and automated processes
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to evaluate discount rate trends and uncover insights
- 2 to 4 years of experience in financial services or payments industry, and/or other finance related roles is desired
- Bachelor’s degree in required; Finance/Accounting/Business desired
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. SAS/SQL) is a plus
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of financial data (high proficiency with Excel)
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others in situations where there may be different goals
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win, ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, which places a premium on driving results
- Creative thinker who is willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop new approaches to old challenges
- Strong project management skills with full ownership from analysis through to implementation
- Passionate focus on the customer; demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs and pain points
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Capacity to remain calm and flexible under pressure
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.