The Global Acquisition Program Governance team within Global Merchant & Network Service, is a growing team which provides the “rules of engagement” for third party acquisition partners to act on behalf of American Express to acquire merchants; and oversees adherence to the rules including policies and controls. The team develops policies to guide the relationship between American Express and third-party acquisition partners and develops and administers oversight programs for compliance. Additionally, the team is responsible for managing all compliance and control activities, including PRSA ownership, program self-testing, audit engagements and AEMP54 review for programs such as OptBlue, PSP/Aggregator, and MRPS.
The Global Program Control Analyst role will support the Sr. Manager of Global Program Controls in developing and maintaining a strong control environment in our relationship with our third-party acquisition partners globally. The position will work with colleagues across the Global Merchant & Network Services organization and across American Express to develop and execute internal tests/controls; support issue management and audits; and, build/maintain reporting of the results of all compliance & control activities.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and results-oriented individual with a growth mindset and a strong relationship building skills to work cross- functions and organizations to support the formulation of an effective compliance and control program for our GMNS third party acquisition programs. Flexibility is required to accommodate time zones in multiple regions.
- Identify opportunities to automate manual testing processes.
- Support the development, monitoring and testing of controls to ensure adherence to the Operating Regulations, Technical Specifications, contractual, and other Due Diligence requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of quarterly/semi-annual/annual control testing in support of program PRSA
- Support the execution of a robust program self-testing program including testing, analysis, and documentation and reporting results
- Create and maintain monthly Compliance & Control monitoring dashboard distributed to internal stakeholders for business, regulatory, and management purposes.
- Influence/improve the contents of the program self-testing by identifying and implementing new controls requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the payments industry and knowledge of the merchant business preferred
- Previous experience in the control environment, i.e. PRSA, Program self-testing, Audit
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Tenacious and resilient self-starter, able to work independently, comfortable with ambiguity and committed to meeting deadline
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Advanced Excel and/or Access experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.