- 4+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, conversational designer or similar role.
- 2+ years of experience working in collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other designers in an iterative environment.
- Ability to determine and work at the right level of fidelity for a given situation. You should be comfortable communicating ideas visually from a whiteboard, a sketchpad, wireframes, and visual mockups.
- Solid understanding of information architecture, mastery of user interface design, and strong visual design sensibility.
- Ability to communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning clearly and confidently. Can influence and persuade based on data.
- Exposure to user research techniques such as contextual inquiry, user interviews, usability testing, as well as a solid understanding of how to incorporate insights from user research into the user interface design process.
- Portfolio including work from concept to completion, demonstrating your process of driving results from business/user problems to final product.
Amazon F3 (Fresh, Food, Fast) seeks a User Experience Designer to help us define the future of online and in-store grocery shopping. We're an important and rapidly growing part of Amazon’s future, providing home delivery service on a broad selection of grocery items including fresh produce, locally sourced meat and seafood, dry goods, and specialty and prepared food. Our rapidly growing organization produces innovative and delightful customer experiences across mobile, tablet, and desktop products.
As the ideal candidate, you’re passionate about designing global products that are intuitive and bring value to consumer's lives. You seek to empathize and understand your customer’s needs, then translate those needs into specific interaction and UI designs. You thrive on informed iteration in order to design experiences that work at scale. You have an impeccable design sense, and a keen eye for detail and craft. Collaboration is in your DNA, but you aren’t afraid prioritize, make decisions and communicate with authority.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new spaces, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next step in your career, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with product managers, developers, and other designers to define and produce solutions for real customer problems.
- Contribute to the architecture of near and long term user experience visions for features and product lines across applicable devices and locales.
- Support your design work using all available insights including quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Advocate for and follow user-centered design principles.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
- Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment; fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values.
- Present to business and design leadership.
- Scope design initiatives and manage/prioritize work items.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to present concepts and communicate design rationale clearly to a variety of different audiences
- Experience designing experiences focused on retail or e-commerce in a global context.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Ability to communicate, present, and gracefully defend your team’s design decisions.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Service Design experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.