- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- At least 3 years working experience with building and validating custom tooling and manufacturing equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work with powered lift equipment – for example forklift or cherry picker.
- Valid Driver’s license and able to satisfy Amazon driver eligibility criteria.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds on some occasions, stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours (with breaks), and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. This role will be will work closely with mechanical and controls engineering teams to develop creative solutions to take this program for R&D, though design validation and into production.
A day in the life
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. We want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
About the hiring group
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) team is responsible for designing and commissioning tooling and automation equipment for Satellite testing and production. This is a team of engineers and support technicians to provide in-house unique and creative solutions.
Export Control Requirement:
- Custom tooling & test equipment fabricating & assembly
- Work directly with engineering teams on design feedback DFM, project execution and commissioning
- Maintain GSE Tooling work area
- Support other development and production teams as required
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Degree or certificate in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years working in a manufacturing environment, using basic hand, power, measurement tools.
- Experience with rigging and lifting operations.
- Laser tracking and roamer arm expiernece a plus
- Experience assembling and commissioning custom machinery including linear rails, power transmission, pneumatics, hydraulics, and control sensors.
- Operations of manual Vertical Mills, Lathes, band saws, drill presses, and other common machines used in a tooling fabrication shop.
- MIG / TIG welding expiernece
- Can read, interpret, and execute mechanical drawings including GD&T.
- Expiernece setting up and maintaining a workshop in a development environment
- Experience working with ambiguity or minimum instructions in a custom project manufacturing environment.