- Bachelor’s degree within Engineering, Business, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a project/program manager
- 3+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
- 3+ years of experience in procurement and/or purchasing
- 3+ years of experience in Microsoft Excel
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Startup Procurement team manages the flow of materials to new sites by monitoring and mitigating supply risk. Our Supply Chain Program Manager, Startup Procurement role will work with various functional partners to make sure that items are ordered and delivered to sites just in time. The role will also review existing processes and continuously improve them by scaling, automation, etc.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor and mitigate overall risk for all new launches buildings
- Continuously improve current processes
- Identify and/or eliminate project related barriers for team members and partners
- Communicate building launch plans with Category, Procurement Operations teams, and cross-functional organizations
- Establish initial procurement order streams to match supply with demand on a Just-in-Time (JIT) basis.
- Collaborate with suppliers and establish monitoring processes, where applicable, to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
- Ensure Procurement’s resource requirements are met in all new site launches
- Define key performance indicators – develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives
- Interface with Procurement Operations to implement best practices and ensure consistency across buildings
- Partner with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions
- Drive execution of vision and goals for the team
- Develop sustainable training as needed for new project/program launches
- Manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
- Travel up to 50% domestically and internationally
- MBA or advanced degree within Engineering, Business, or related fields.
- 2+ years of previous managerial experience.
- Preferred proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese, written and verbal communication
- Experience supporting launch of new sites.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation.
- Advanced data analysis skills; the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.